May 30, 2017

Do you sub-let a room in your house to a lodger?

Having income from property normally means you need to consider your tax position, tell HMRC about it and possibly pay extra tax if you make a profit.

If you sub-let a furnished room in your own home to a lodger, you may b...

March 29, 2017

In case you missed it ...

Philip Hammond has delivered his first Budget as chancellor. These are the key points of what he has said.

Personal taxation

  • The main rate of Class 4 National Insurance contributions for the self-employed to increase from 9% to 10% in April...

March 2, 2017

How you decide to take your income will depend on a number of factors and it's important to seek professional advice before committing to a strategy.

One option is to draw a salary within the personal allowance that preserves entitlement to the state pension. For exampl...

February 23, 2017

Are you looking to reduce your tax liability or preparing for what’s to come in the new financial year?  There are certain things to be aware of whether you're an individual or running a business.  We can advise on the planning opportunities available before the end of...

January 17, 2017

As pension auto-enrolment enters a critical stage, thousands of small and micro businesses will now be thinking about their employer duties. With enforcement action for non-compliance on the rise, employers should ensure that they fully understand their new responsibil...

January 4, 2017

From 6 April 2016, the taxation of dividends changed and you will now pay tax on dividends received over £5,000 in the tax year. The tax you pay depends on which Income Tax band you’re in. Add your income from dividends to your other taxable income when working this ou...

December 19, 2016

Are you married or in a civil partnership? If so you may be entitled to a £432 tax break called the marriage tax allowance. 

The marriage tax allowance is a  way for couples to transfer a proportion of their personal allowance (the amount you can earn tax-free each tax...

December 13, 2016

New contractor tax rules due April 2017

The intermediaries’ legislation (better known as IR35) introduced back in 2000 sought to end differences in the tax treatment of off-payroll workers – such as IT contractors – and a business’s directly-hired employees. The idea wa...

December 9, 2016

By 2020, most people will be filing their tax returns online rather than by post. That's not a problem for Ping clients, as we're already geared up to go digital. But there are a few other changes that will be implemented at the same time that you'll need to be aware o...

Please reload

Featured Posts

I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload

Recent Posts
Please reload

Please reload

Search By Tags

I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload

Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square

 Give Ping a ring on  0330 311 0012 or email us at


Ping Accounting Limited trading as Ping Chartered Accountants. 
Registered Office: 11A Park Street, Camberley, Surrey GU15 3PQ. Incorporated in England and Wales Registered No 10927821

© 2016 by Ping Chartered Accountants. Created with by ValentineCreative.